Sunday, August 16, 2009

Productive chat

Friday, end of the work day, I began an IM chat with a kid from Wisconsin.

(Well, a 27-y-old kid, I guess. In his profile photo he shows spiky black hair and is winking at the camera. He works for the Center for Disease Control as an consultant and on this day was working from a lake cabin patio in Madison. And that's what I know.)

What started as innocuous job chat soon evolved into discussing our respective OKC experiences and if I'd had "any luck on scoring a date." How we're both attracted to self-deprecating types who are .... kind of like ourselves. And how we both find good, witty writers attractive.

I then got him to fess up about questionable male behavior on the OKC. I asked him why some are compelled to send me photos of their penises.

Madison: ....in the throes of their hormones, they are under the impression that you will see it. you will then start frothing at the mouth and have an uncontrollable urge to join theim in their quest .... they make the mistake that you are as easily visually triggered as they are .... because to them, if you sent a picture of your t*** or a** their pants will drop. They just ... dont ... understand you ... :-(
Then it began to get interesting.

I noted I have some suggestive references in my profile, and how the Young Scientist once told me I should pull them off if I want to be treated seriously and less as object. Madison concurred.

M: Yes.
M: He and I know men.
M: We are men. Men know all. ROOAAOOOARARR.
M: (thumps chest. eats raw meat. humps something.)
Karin: See. The well-spoken man with seductive powers who does those things is still interesting to me. I need to better figure out how to articulate that, I think.
M: Yea. I've learned that too.
M: Women love a man with an inner savage beast who can **** like a stallion and deconstruct it afterwards.

K: Exactly! (Although) men probably hate the deconstruction part.
M: I like it. ha ha.
K: Ah, so they exist!
M: As long as it is AFTER....
K: Not as build-up?
K: (reconstruct?)
M: There you go. Construct the scene. Then deconstruct.
M: But there has to be a lengthy intermission.
K: That's what I love about chat.
M: yea. I'm definitely turned on by words

And then we chatted for another 45 minutes. Discussing the benefits of literacy as seduction tool. Distracting me while I took some phone calls. Turning each other on with words.

It got relatively intense.

(And a lady tells no more.)

It was ridiculously freeing to have such a discussion with someone with whom you connect but will never meet. The pressure of making an impression evaporates and the id comes out to play. Minds and suggestion combining to create the tension.

As we signed off, I asked him if he regularly had such intense chats .... since it was rare for me.

M: This was a highly charged situation, not a common event.
K: It's not an ego thing, I promise. I was just curious.
M: You can exercise your ego. I don't mind.
K: We have similar tastes, then.
M: ....and your ability to be intellectually sexy...
M: ....professionally sexy. that helps a lot. We're similar. It works.
M: good dynamic. :-)

Ah, I love that good dynamic. It isn't until you have it with someone that you realize how elusive it usually is. Of course, when that person is in Madison, Wisconsin ...

Incidentally, it reminded me so much of the randy subjects I used to explore, to my immense entertainment, with Young Scientist that I immediately wrote YS to apprise him of what happened.

K: We starting off innoculously chatting and we had a very good rhythm going with it and next thing you know we're talking dirty. Very interesting. It was good for no other reason that it absolutely relaxed the hell out of me.
So to summarize. This Friday chat:

1) Relaxed the hell out of me. (Score one point.)

2) Found a man 10 years my junior who thought to call me "intellectually and professionally sexy." (Score 2 more. I should update my profile to quote that .... )

And,

3) I made a connection. Even a connection with no discernible future, to a girl's ego, I'd call priceless.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

@Karin. A diamond in the rough. Well done.

Mrs. Hansen said...

agreed! there is something like a runner's high after a connection like that. a refreshing dose of satisfaction that someone out there exists that you can connect with on multiple levels.