Sunday, August 23, 2009

Angst?

This is the look a cat will give after escaping down the patio stairs and crossing the yard and climbing over a fence and, in apparent confusion, up on the neighbor's patio, then mewing loudly enough so that his owner would be compelled to crawl through said fence (and a garden of weeds and gravel) before trespassing onto said neighbor's patio, thrilled at thought of possible neighborly discovery at 12:42 a.m., to scoop said cat, only for said cat to lose his cool on the way down the neighbor's stairs, windmilling claws and torso, tattooing said owner (not smart enough to wear a long-sleeved shirt and pants before attempting said trespass) with 7 punctures on 3 separate limbs and 1 set of cleavage, including this bloody 3-inch gash on the right calf that actually has a texture.

I'd suggest it might be guilt upon viewing his owner's possible 6-8 week healing time during the end of short skirt season.

Although it could also be angst at the realization that his owner will most likely never allow him outside again in either of their lifetimes.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

@Karin. Resembles a three-inch "love scratch" my two-year-old bulldog left, while helping him into bed, next to my right kneecap. We must love them. As to this occurring during "short skirt season", as a male, I would see it as a conversation starter, so do not despair. :-)

Karin said...

My favorite part is after I carried him across 2 yards (in the rain, no less) bleeding in 3 places, and set him down in the kitchen, he had the audacity to first sit there and glare at me, then, shortly thereafter, come and rub against my legs begging for a treat.

So he appears to not be traumatized by this at all after the fact, conveniently.

I think he also left half a claw in my right forearm.

Anonymous said...

@Karin. Ouch! Guess that's why I'm a "dog person". Worst I can expect would be an accidental bite, without teeth left in the wound.

Marvel Boy said...

That is an impressive war wound, Karin. And I agree with your sentiment that cats are best left indoors. The Blohms are outdoor-cat people, but they lost their oldest--Enzo--to a car accident last week. So let's all lift a glass to Enzo, the latest fallen feline soldier, victim of the good life.