Saturday, August 8, 2009

Last found in the OKC inbox ....

.... at 9:04 this morning from the 54-year-old male from New Bedford MA with no photo and no profile info who doesn't know me from Eve ....
"I like your style, you got 'tude'."
Prescient on a day when, disembarking an MBTA train on route to the beach, I was called aside by the conductor (in italics because I still can't believe it) for not heeding his earlier request to take my feet off the seat, even though the only reason they were on the seat was to spare the elderly couple in the facing seat 45 minutes of knee hockey, and furthermore, I had promised that I'd move them if someone else needed the seat, and besides, I had my iPod headphones on and couldn't make out what all of what he was saying or I never would have messed with his distinct North Shore 'tude because I thought any logical customer service rep would see that I was being nice to my neighbors and since, have concluded that he picked me out of the 400 people on the 12:15 Rockport to lecture because it was a beautiful day and I was wearing headphones and a towel and he was working.

So yes. I'd call that 'tude.

No comments: