Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Canoe enthuisiast tells it like it is

I have a soft spot for superhonest OKC guys, even if what they say does not serve their own best interests in getting to know me better. Simply because it's entertaining.

Take, for instance, Big Bob. Back again today with a message, unprovoked by me, as blunt as ever. As if I hadn't heard him the first time.
BB: I have strong hands.

BB: I fight in cage.
And that, evidently, is that.

Then there's Canoe Enthuisast. He & I had one random date back in February that, as I said then, was one date only for a reason. It wasn't a bad time. I would say though, as a girl knows, that I knew as the date ended that enough differences existed that I didn't need to see him again. So I decided to move on.

Canoe pops up about once every 6 weeks to say hi. I have no interest in getting together with him again, but he was a pleasant sort and we didn't have a bad date, so I'm not against banter.

The latest was Sunday night. It had been several months since I'd heard from him. At 11:33 p.m. he fired over an instant message:
C: What's up.....right this second? :-)
At 11:38, then this:

C: Or this second?
I had already gone to bed by the time he wrote; it's just that OKC was slow in registering that I had logged off, and Canoe thought I was still online when I wasn't. The unread chat requests showed up in my inbox, which I took until the next day to get back to him on:

K: Well at 11:38 yesterday I had just gone offline and didn't get this message in real time. What was up with you?
After 3 more days of hiatus, he thusly replied:

C: Not sure now. At the time... i'm sure i was most likely a ball of hormones.
Which is exactly when most guys feel the urge to call upon ex-dates.

Yes. Well said.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

@Karin. Sounds like "Big Bob" may have been an unsuccessful gamer. Should take up "World of Warcraft" instead of online dating.