Thursday, February 12, 2009

Single in the (other) City

Ah, sweet Thursday.....

....Girl Scout Cookies for breakfast....

....a half day of work...

.....sneak in a 5-mile run while it's still 50 degrees....

....then hop the T to Logan, where it's wheels up at 5:30, non-stop, for the weekend with Cousins D + Kh, in San Francisco....

....The Boston of the West.

I logged not nearly enough sleep last night, my traditional routine on the night before any vacation. At least it was for a reason that was not sorting laundry: last-minute plans with a new OKCupid acquaintance.

Yes, the drywalling canoe enthusiast. We hit it off enough to stay up late.

(I figured there was time to sleep on the plane.)

Despite weariness, it is a nice change to have a date the night before vacation. Canoe and I didn't hit it off so much that I'm pining for him. In fact, I'm not sure that he and I have a future with legs.

(For example: he has a fundamental problem with people who spill their personal life on the internet on places like blogs.....)

Nonetheless. We had a memory or two that can be fodder for daydreaming on the plane.

And I promise at least a few phone pictures from the road.

Ciao.

No comments: