Sunday, February 1, 2009

The Bikini Challenge (Week IV: Sucking in)

Not much to report this week, breathless bikini watchers. Not much to report last week, either, as you notice the gap between Week II to Week IV.

Just trying to keep up the running (27 miles since Monday, 14 on sheer ice), the core strengthening (yoga and yoga and crunches galore), protein consumption (here's to daily quinoa intake) and good sleeping habits (not at all).

A new tactic came to me Friday while studying my figure in the elevator door at work: Might I tone the abs by tensing my core muscles non-stop, much like one must in yoga, while going about everyday life? After 2 days of trying I'm not sure if it actually helps or my pants and skirts fit better simply because of the new fake space in the waistband.

Speaking of small monthly goals, I'm proud to have survived the January Chocolate Moratorium. Not a bite......with the exception of an inadvertant Power Bar snafu on the 24th, when it did not explicitly say "chocolate" on the wrapper. Amazingly, the best cure for cocoa cravings has been to inhale several cans of Fresca a day. Which has tripled my aspartame consumption. Yum.

Nonetheless, nice to know a monthly goal is reachable. So I might just proclaim February the "28 days of 24-Hour Sucking-In Challenge." Just might.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I tried that sucking it in thing once. It made me feel sick to my stomach after a while and I gave up. But I wouldn't be surprised if it does help tone them up.
I am trying to get back on the bikini challenge bandwagon after being too sick last week even to manage my two measly yoga tapes. So far this week: 1/2 tapes (overslept). Better than nothing. There's time to make it up - although I'm worried about overdoing it tomorrow, when I may need my energy to shovel snow since the hubby is still away. Is that a real reason, or just an excuse? Anyway, reading about your many crunches does inspire me.

Karin said...

Hey AMJ- Shoveling is awesome core-toning too! Just don't throw your your back out.

(I have a landlord and, ergo, don't have to shovel. So you're easily besting me in this category.)