Friday, February 27, 2009

Reverse trend

From OKC, yesterday, in the inbox:

Subject: Awesome!
Text: "Hey! You run AND you're a democrat. Instantly I'm a fan."
Naturally, I had to set this man straight: it is hardly difficult to find a liberal-minded runner in this town. Flattery is good...but he would have to find other reasons to be my fan.

So started a conversation with Young Scientist. (And no, it isn't difficult to find a liberal-minded scientist in this town, either.)

He's 26, works in infectious disease research, and is a rabid runner himself currently laid up with knee issues....so he inquired about the foot woes. Tallish. Handsomish. Plainly honest. We exchanged e-mails about running and dating histories yesterday; at the end of the third back-and-forth he asked me out for dinner.

I accepted the invite. His response?

"Awesome!"
(P.S. He already signed off on the blogging permission slip, thank you very much.)

You might remember Young Engineer from last week: age 25. After the months of hanging and talking with and kissing the CFO (55), this new inquiry continues an enjoyable reverse trend. Both men are highly attractive, yet intellectual. Both have been alike in their bold straightforwardness, interested in me first and not shying away from the age difference.

As, of course, this was always the case with the CFO and me....despite the fact he could remember watching the Watergate hearings (which I was born in the middle of), we had a great time together. In my case, I'll be able to tell this new man all he ever wanted to know about Ronald Reagan. Let's hope we also can have a great time.

I'll confess: this wooing by younger men is a substantial ego boost. Will our maturity levels match up?

No reason to not try and find out.

No comments: