Saturday, February 7, 2009

Ominous omen?

So here's a question:

Last night, while diligently browsing on OKCupid!, for no particular reason and with no extraneous mouse clicks, a window opened to diligently install a virus on my laptop that eluded the security system.

It's still there today. It's lurking on the desktop....telling me that I have Spyware and I should install this new security program to combat it.....which I know enough not to....but it has disabled my internet access and general Windows desktop and needs to be zapped.

So tomorrow is going to be another Dell Service Sunday, I'd guess. And no online scoping for me tonight. (I'm here at work now, but my car's outside on a meter that has to be fed....)

It's unfortunate. I've quite enjoyed OKCupid up to this point and already have several great chats going that I can't pursue just as they're getting going.

Should I take this as any sort of sign?

3 comments:

singinflute said...

I don't think so. My friend met her current boyfriend on OKcupid and they've been together over a year. Another friend met his girlfriend there and they just had a baby together. I think you should give it a shot. :)

Unknown said...

Hi - i love reading your blog. I am in Southie too & I'm on match and thought about the Cupid thing too. But would love to chat sometime, just hope I don't make it as a topic of a blog, or at least not a topic in a bad way... lol! If you want, drop me a line, newengland_2004 at yahoo.

klk said...

Buy yourself, if you haven't already, Webroot Spysweeper. It's a must have to keep spyware at bay. I was introduced it at work and it cleaned up 100s and 100s of spyware I didn't know I had. When I got my own computer at home, it was the first piece of software I bought. It is a definite "must have".