Monday, February 23, 2009

Flashback (a.k.a. nowhere to run to)

Last night, a bit post-midnight, I was merrily trolling OKCupid.

Up pops a window to tell me that a "Stand-Up Man" had viewed my profile.

Yes, it was none other than this Stand-Up Man. The Republican Stand-Up Comedian. With whom I went 2 rounds back in June. Here's an excerpt recalling Date #2B:

"As you may recall, all previous conversations with S-UC contained mere snippets of the issue most likely to deal-break this relationship: politics. This was to be the litmus-test outing. And I hoped to report back that a Republican and Democrat could successfully coexist, or if nothing else, agree to disagree.

Nope. This man was so Bushy it was like being on a date with Dick Cheney. Standing on the steps of Boston City Hall, over Bud Light and styrofoam containers of ribs and beans, it took very little prompting to get him on the two-hour roll from which he couldn't extract himself. His two most-oft-uttered statements: "I don't mean to lecture you, but...." and, after I suggested we change the subject, "Well, you asked...."

Last night his arrival on the OKC came when I was mid-IM-chat with another man. So I didn't break away a few moments later to take the following chat request when it popped up:
(12:45:24 am) Standup: Yes...I voted for George Bush!
(12:45:42 am) Standup: ....but the ribs were good!
(12:49:50 am) Standup: Hi Karen...

Oy. Vey.

Double Oy Vey.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

At least it's been a busy week, man-wise. It's not even really spring yet, but it must be in the air already. Eventually you'll find one worth keeping. You seem to be having fun along the way, at least!
I'm glad the engineer was a good kisser - it doesn't fit the usual stereotype. The allergies may cancel that out, though. I can't help but cheer on my fellows...