Friday, July 31, 2009

Hands

So I do like men with nice hands. I don't know when I first realized it, only that it has just always been one of my things.

It's not a dealbreaker. Men without nice hands still rate.

Oy, though. I've got to change my OKC profile. I mention it in there three times:

I spend a lot of time thinking about....
How much I wished I was living with someone with strong hands so I could request a massage at will.

You should message me if.....
Strong hands may also apply. Piano players with strong hands .....yes, please.

And while I have lots of details about my running and love of politics and reading of Jonathan Franzen, etc. etc., most guys who hit me up mention that part. Of all the qualities. For example:

"I happen to be trained in deep tissue massage and have incredible strong hands if ur interested..."

"I also play hockey and rock climb, so my hands are very strong and they also happen to be disproportionately large - perfect for giving massages if you are so inclined."

Some are more articulate and thorough than others. This just came in a few days ago:

"As for “strong hands,” I’d say mine are better than many, and I do play a bit of piano. Those hands have become strong through a number of weeks a year of outdoor activities (volunteering to plan and lead hiking, canoeing, cycling, and horseback riding programs). Those hands have also worn out some high-end keyboards with all the typing they do of speeches, articles, and now a book. I
thus have all the requisites to message you!"

Generally, this is all good. I'm asking for this quality in a man, whether ironically or not.

But of course, someone has to come in and ruin all the fun, kind of make me wish I had never asked. Here's what came in this morning:

"hello gorgeous how r u sexy remember me whats up tonight wanna talk 7xx-xxx-xxxx"

Followed shortly by

"i have really strong hands i fight in cage 7xx-xxx-xxxx big bob"

OK. My dad's name is Bob. A man who calls himself "big bob" (especially without capital letters) is not allowed to write me. I certainly do not remember him.

And I draw the line at cage fighters.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

@Karin. Should have mentioned other, more subtle uses for hands. Like repairing things. Or holding hands. Or painting. Or cooking. Etc. Expand the job description.

klk said...

Ah, I too have been quite taken with men's hands. It is one thing that I notice about men. I must note that I am quite content with darling husband's hands, even if they do tire out quickly during a back rub. However, I find it is a lovely thing when darling husband is still willing to provide a back rub even if his hands are hurting.

Keep that in the back of your mind when finding your mate that even if he does not have strong hands, it is even more important that he is willing to give, even if it does cause him pain.