Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Delayed.

I'm at Logan Airport.

And yes, I have my wallet.  

It's 5:50, and my 5:45 flight to Milwaukee is now leaving at 8:15.  I won't make it to my sister's in Minneapolis now until after midnight. 

Damn runway landing equipment malfunction. Damn low cloud cover.  Damn 3-hour weather delays on the 1st of July.

I'm paying $7.95 for Logan Wifi.  Ay. But I feel compelled to do something constructive with my 2 hours (blog? yes!) besides drink Guinness and socialize with the men in suits also spending their weather-related delays drinking Guinness.  Or martinis which, come to think of it, don't sound too awful either.  This might have to do with the fact that I'm in a non-pick-up-able outfit of yoga pants, purple hoodie, running shoes and unwashed hair.

But hey.  My butt is numb from sitting on this linoleum floor watching folks come through TSA security. My thighs are numb from holding up this laptop.   And there's Boston Beer Works to my left.  And some men in suits there-in.

Catch ya later!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I believe that the word is serendipity, Karin. Hope the hunting went well.