Sunday, July 12, 2009

Freedom

4:52 p.m., on the boardwalk in Gloucester, MA.

I know I write a lot on here about how I wish I had a boyfriend.

But there are occasional benefits to being single.  

Kind of like when it is 85 and sunny and I've gone up to a friend's in North Andover on a Sunday afternoon and when leaving,  instead of taking I-93 back to Boston, take 38 miles of slow road due east, because I had no better place to be than cruising with a coffee frappuccino and NPR and the sunroof open and nothing to do but think thoughts and see the ocean and not a single person to answer to for any of it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

@Karin. Ah. You must've taken Rte. 133 up my way. Nice trip on a nice day.

cousin j said...

i can't get over how great the line of flags is!!!

Karin said...

@Squigkato. Correct, sir. And a lovely route it was. I enjoyed Georgetown, Ipswich and Essex on the way.

Anonymous said...

@Karin. And Boxford and Rowley.