Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Graceless?

I almost made a new post label today:

"The Road to 40."

(Why not? Only 1,333 days to go. And only 4,983 to 50. Woohoo!)

It came to mind mid-afternoon when I realized my left ankle and right kneecap, in tandem, had dully throbbed the whole day. Perhaps they're stiff because I didn't stretch this morning. Perhaps they're feigning arthritis due to the oppressive humidity of the last 4 days, even though I both slept in air conditioning last night and worked all day at a dry 68 degrees.

Who knows. When I have to get excited about a 4-mile training run tonight as 2 of 6 major leg joints hate me, I've completely lost my sense of humor.

Sorry.

But. About that same aching moment, when, seeing I had New Mail in my Yahoo! account, I clicked it open to discover that

"You may qualify for an electric wheelchair at little or no cost!"

thanks to some quick-thinking spammer.

Woohoo! (Again!)

It was the moment I realized I'm slightly worried about my ability to age gracefully, because I couldn't even bring myself to smile at the irony.

Although, again. Just yesterday a 19-year-old college student on the OKC "liked my profile," "loved my photos," and was "looking to meet some cool people for a casual relationship."

Which means maybe I'm getting slightly ahead of myself.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

@Karin. Having put age forty a few years behind me, I can say that it is an artificial milestone at best. Remember, in medieval times, most didn't make it past thirty, so "rock on".