Friday, August 21, 2009

BobKat's Big Day

Today is my parents' 44th wedding anniversary.

As the perpetual single girl, I find this humbling to think of living in consort with another person for that many nights in a row. Also: if I married next year, I would have to grow up to be 80 to reach a similar milestone.

I can't profess to know how great or how intolerable Bob & Kathie consider these many years to have been. Although I can say with some certainty that since we last checked in, they have adjusted to retirement (lots and lots of watching Tiger Woods and The Golf Channel) and became grandparents for the first time, and they are pretty damn happy with that.

(Henry loves beards.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

@Karin. Small world. My folks celebrate their forty-fifth tomorrow. Would have to marry (Ha,ha), then live to, let's see, almost ninety for the same privilege. They still amaze me. "Love is love's own reward", quoteth Rod Serling. Must be true. Happy A Day to your folks.