Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Action

Not even going to pretend to be modest.

This is the best week for potential dates ever. Ever. 

1)  Thursday: late drink in Somerville with The Artist of the Western Burbs.  Who is (you'll never guess) also running this year's Boston Marathon.  He's new to this space.  Found when he chatted me up last week on OKC.  Sent me a text Sunday spelling out the entire text of the birthday song, complete with inappropriate coda. 

2) Saturday evening: birthday party for a friend from Medford.  Accompanied by C of the North End coffee a few Sundays ago. Who accepted my invite with enthusiasm.  As, once again, a gathering of majority gay males....I anticipate a raucous time with my straight date.

3) Tuesday after work: drinks with Audacious Man. Whom I spoke tonight with on the phone after he e-mailed to ask if he could call and "ask me out like a gentleman." Yup.  Owns a business and is starting another. Seems to go after what he wants. As that is rarely my default drive....interested to see if our personalities produce any chemistry.

4) Speaking of blogging, trying my damnedest to think of a name for the smart-ass from OKC: a social studies teacher with whom I've recently been dissecting the origins of words such as "woo" and "edification."  He asked to see this blog early on in our conversation, after which he responded by writing an original rap. 

(I first discerned it to be some oddly misspelled poetry. Ouch.  Nonetheless, I would publish it here, except that it includes a discussion of body parts of which I'm sure Grandma would not approve.)

Still working on his name.  Challenging, knowing that he's reading this very paragraph in which I contemplate. (Trying not to lean back on "Smart Ass." Or "Bad Rapper.")  In the meantime, I hope to hear a thanks that I mentioned him at all. Witness his initial response to the blog earlier this week:
"I really want to make an appearance but am torn as to how to go about it.  Should I just throw out some a**hole comments....and get a quick mention then be dismissed?  If I make an honest effort to go about this legitimately what happens if we really hit it off and get involved?  You could no longer write about being single and your entire readership would be crushed.  That would be hard for me to live with."
Tonight he suggested that we had reached that natural point at which alcoholic beverages get consumed and we talk in person.  Discussion continuation appears imminent.

(Hey....what about the Poet?)

5) Other irons in the OKC fire include:  

a) 22-year old, athletic trainer trainee, looking to cuddle....and asking me what my definition of "cuddling" would be.  

b) Drywalling canoer from February, back on the scene, asking me to dinner and a movie last Friday as I prepped for Florida, which whom I've already written a rain check.  

c) And did I mention the Stand-Up Comedian's return to my periphery? Again?  More recently, asking straight-up when we're going to throw aside political differences and just go out?

Almost an embarrassment of riches, my friends. 

Please remind me of this week during any future droughts.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Karin,

Good luck. No prisoners.