Monday, March 2, 2009

Blogger's Bible: Steal from Facebook

25 Random Things is a viral forward that went around on Facebook this winter.

Instructions are self-explanatory: "if you receive this, write 25 things, facts, habits, or goals about you. Send to 25 friends. "

I received 9 versions from friends---all entertaining in individual ways. For no specific reason, it took me until tonight to answer them. Exhausted after finishing, I'm letting them do double-duty on the blog.

Why not?....the topics should be familiar.

Cheers!

(But apologies to those of you already saturated with it on FB. Fresh text tomorrow.)

- - - - - - - - - -

1) I actually first started this list on January 31st. Then I accidentally hit "refresh" while I was on number 16. It took me until tonight to feel like starting it again.

2) I believe it has taken me this long to get back to this list because I've been blogging hardcore lately. I try to steer the creative energy in that direction.

3) It is half past midnight and I just ate a banana and drank a can of Fresca. About 20 minutes ago I finished off my lo mein leftovers from Pho Pasteur. And I would do anything for a couple bowls of GoLean cereal right now. This is completely normal behavior in this house.

4) I think it is OK to listen to Sufjan Stevens Christmas songs on the early morning of March 2.

5) In 2 years, I have had 7 dates over to this apartment. 5 of them (including one from earlier this evening) have been allergic to my cats. Those seem like ridiculous odds. I now tell men ahead of time to bring Benadryl with them when we go out.

6) I am a Christian in Boston. You'd be surprised how many people are amazed by this.

7) Ditto on being from North Dakota. Today I met someone who, when I said, "so, you know where Fargo is, right?" he said "no." Then again, he didn't know where Minneapolis was either.

8) I have stayed up too late nearly every night of the last 6 months. I have a difficult time going to bed when I'm tired and I figure a couple years of therapy might help me, someday, discover why.

9) I simultaneously long for a boyfriend and want to be alone so I can do whatever I want when I want without regards to anyone else. Which might be why I don't have a boyfriend at present.

10) I'm a ridiculous narcissist about my writing. Sometimes I am so proud of an e-mail response to a friend I'll go into my sent box and read it several times just to admire it.

11) I honestly wish I could be more selfless. This kind of goes up there with #8......I have a very difficult time honestly being altruistic. It takes work.

12) I pilfer wireless from my neighbors. In the summer I sit out on my patio in an adirondack chair because of the superior connection there. Often very late at night (see #8). My neighbor comes out randomly, occasionally, at 1 a.m. to walk his dog. He has never once commented on seeing me sitting there in pajamas with my laptop. I admire his lack of curiosity.

13) I have not balanced my checkbook in about 6 years. Which means I have way more problems with overdrafts than I will ever tell my mother about.

14) I have a similar problem with library books.

15) I really, really, really need to buy a dresser for my bedroom.

16) I've scrubbed my bathroom floor once since I moved here. Once.

17) I just opened another can of Fresca.

18) Damn. I would do anything for a bowl of GoLean cereal. Right now.

19) It is 12:52 a.m. It is too late for me to be up. I know this.

20) I also know I will set my alarm clock for 6:30 tomorrow morning and I won't get out of bed until 7:45. Or maybe 7:55.

21) But I still might go after this and check my Yahoo! account. Then my Gmail account. Then maybe okcupid one last time. Then probably my blog. Then the NYTimes editorial page. (see #8, #19)

22) If I had ever got around to purchasing a piano, and it fit in this one-bedroom apartment, I would then probably start playing some Brahms intermezzi. In fact, I would do anything to play the opener of Opus 119 right now.

23) I just read #'s 16-22 in order. Would I do any of this if I were married? I hypothesize that having someone to spoon with regularly might cure me the constant midnight eating and trolling.

24) Most of the time, however, I am a happy girl.

25) And I am grateful for everything I have, and everyone I know.

1 comment:

SarahBeeCreations said...

It is always time to listen to Sufjan Stevens Christmas