Thursday, March 19, 2009

Blogger's Bible: Do a Mash-Up

So I'm a bit wanting for a blog topic this morning.

Sure, I've got some OKC action in the inbox......

....from a 22-year-old athletic trainer grad student who thinks I have a nice body and who "enjoys athletics as much as you do and I'm in a profession that allows me to take care of you if you were to ever have any running pains!! "......

.....to another whom, I think, is not single but trying to talk me into having an illicit encounter because I "absolutely don't look like the kind of girl that would get into trouble, but those are the ones that are usually most dangerous".....

.....to another whom I'll call Audacious Man.....for tracking down my name through Facebook and then tracing me to this blog....thusly then quoting from it in the same message he used to ask me out for a drink....."calling me out" he called it.......which somehow takes the fun out of writing about him again (as I'm going to guess he is reading this too).....but he already does not disagree with the adjective "audacious", so I'll let you know what he says.....

Nonetheless. It is Thursday.

It is very busy in my office. A good, account-opening type of busy.

My right knee is still a bit twingey from Monday's Summit Ave hill reps.

I had a contractor in my apartment at 7:30 a.m., looking at some crumbling plaster near the bathroom, suggesting that perhaps the whole ceiling might need to be redone.

I stood on the #9 bus (after waiting 20 minutes for it to arrive) as it herked and jerked its way down Broadway, me balancing on a hanging strap on 1 foot because there was no place to put 2 down, swaying directly in front of a tall, young, well-dressed man, seated, whom after I nearly fell into his lap 4 times, still didn't look up from his book, even though I telepathically screamed at him to be more of a gentleman.

So when I got into work after that joyous hour of commuting, I decided that for the sake of the to-be-respected job busyness.... whatever I wrote today had to be completed in the 17 minutes it took Helmut Walcha to run through Prelude and Fugue in E-Flat (BWV 552) on my iPod.

And what you just read was it!

Speaking of mash-ups*, an old college friend posted this link on his Facebook page a couple weeks ago. It is a combination of Dave Brubeck's "Take Five" with Radiohead's "15 Step." I can't get enough of listening it.

(Perfect for this mash-up kind of a day.)

*(from the Wikipedia: song or composition created by blending two or more songs, usually by overlaying the vocal track of one song seamlessly over the music track of another.)

No comments: