Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Bikini Challenge (Week X: The Countdown)

D-Day in 5, 4, 3, 2....

Trying to stay cool and motivated here.

Cellulite, Cheerios (Honey Nut), canoli, cheese (30 chunks or more) at a charity fundraiser, coffee (shot with espresso both morning and night) and Cupid (or frustrating news therefrom preventing good sleep) are all conspiring against both cool and confidence.

I'm tempted to go into a no-carb South Beach Diet frenzy followed by not 100 but 200 sit-ups a day. But not likely to happen. The willpower is waning.

Sorry for the tripping stumble to the finish, rather than the sprint. Anyone got any last-minute motivations when the prospect of my exposing my bare torso to the blogosphere is not doing it?

Yesterday I got a call from my Aunt Pat, my host in the Fort Myers area, who reminded me that Sunday is the Twins training camp visit followed by a beach afternoon.....so there is no excuse for not wearing the suit.

Sports fans, this is for real.

Be kind.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm no marathoner, but I would *highly* recommend against going carb-less before the marathon's done! You probably know that's a bad idea, though.

Don't lose heart, the overall fitness you've gained from working towards this goal (and doing the training) is way more important than how you measure up on one slice-of-time deadline day. I bet you're in better shape than you give yourself credit for!

Anonymous said...

Dear Karin,

Regret being on the other coast and not viewing in person. Anyway, good luck.