Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Already working for the weekend

About 9 p.m. Monday evening, The Artist from the Western Suburbs sent me a phone text message:
"Tue or Wed for an adventure?" 
As you might remember, I had a Tuesday drinks date pencilled in with Audacious Man. And Wednesday night was also already filled (with a rehearsal). It was about 11 by the time I began composing a return text to the Artist, trying to explain all this. 

At that same moment, Audacious chimed in with a text message of his own:
"Would love to call and reschedule but something says you are counting sheep....wanted to call you before you chose your hot shoes for the day. I have a last-minute 8 p.m. meeting (tomorrow) with the west coast."
Hmm. OK. 

I cease sending original text to the Artist, reply instead with this:
"So, free tomorrow after workout...Weds rehearsal until 10....what constitutes adventure for you?"
Hmm. Thinking that juggled out about as well as it could have. Until Artist replies a few moments later.
"My tomorrow filled up on you! :( adventure possibilities include: learn to do simple smithing, pool, or simple drinks. Wed seems late again. can free up thurs."
I also have rehearsal late on Thursday. (Damn rehearsal.)
"Wow." I write. "I certainly did not move fast enough on the reply. What else?"
As a result, he has now thrown out the possibility of getting together Friday. At the same time.....Audacious Man needs to be rescheduled. The weekend also?

Here is the moment to note that I also have Saturday night dinner date in the works with none other than The Man Whose Pseudonym We are Still Discussing. (Or, MWPWaSD.  A.K.A. Bad Rapper. Or Smart Ass.) We are also still discussing where to have dinner; he has instructed me, if I so choose, to suggest my favorite place with "aphrodisiacal" qualities. 

And the week's still young, folks.  Tuesday's busted.....but otherwise....

...not so bad for a Monday, eh?

No comments: