Sunday, March 15, 2009

It's probably a sin....

....that when 600,000 people dressed in greeen beads strode into my neighborhood this morning, followed by 600 Boston policemen revving their motorcyle engines, I strode out.

Sorry. This girl is Norwegian and Swedish and while I have no vendetta with the Irish, I do not get riled up over Southie St. Patrick's Day.

I like beer plenty fine as you know...but don't enjoy when when it runs in the gutters like water, when the crisp air is permeated with malt, when it drips from keg cups spilling out of 3rd-story rowhouse windows.

It's probably a double-sacrilege that today, instead, I head for a coffee in the (gasp, Italian!) North End with my old buddy C (finally!). Then off to have a drink and a chat with the CFO (hopefully).

Then home to find that, perhaps, I might be able to find a parking spot within 2 miles of my apartment.....

Bad attitude, I know.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Karin,

Not to worry. I'm of Irish descent, and still I don't like all the fuss about the day, especially the inebriation. Overkill.