Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Photo credit

It's been a quiet week on the OKC

One guy asked me out. When I replied that that sounded good.....no return message....5 days later.

I sent messages to 3 different guys this afternoon, in a rare showing of end-of-the-workday proactivity. No replies.

Number of daily stalkers to my profile....down to about 5, from previous highs of, oh, 110.

Random hits from 21-year-old San Franciscan boys wanting to have dirty chats while I'm sitting at the office....pretty much trailed off, too.

My last current is a month-long "conversation" with a guy who is a master at the sly one-line e-mail message.  I now also reply with one-liners.  It might take another month before we get anywhere. But he's not interested in being blogged about....so you might not ever hear about it.

This is the point where I think I'm old news on the OKC.  Probably time to take a break and come back "new" when there are more new people on the site. Or revamp my profile.  Or what?

Someone, give me some hints.

One thing I won't change, though, is my profile photo (above).  My money shot.

Kudos to Claudia, who took it one September day as we walked down the Commonwealth Avenue Mall in the Back Bay.  If I could track such things, I'd guess it is the single highest reason my profile has gotten hit as frequently as it has.  To wit (from a recent inquiry):
"I don't normally comment on someone's pictures, but the photo of you, bespectacled, short skirt, reading on a bench is far sexier than I think intended. Or, maybe it was intended. Either way, bravo!"
So that was nice. 

But I replied to his compliment 2 days ago....and am waiting for a hit back. 

And the search goes on....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Claudia's right. Bespectacled, smart and sexy...It's got that that cool "hot for teacher" or "sexy librarian" vibe going on!

Anonymous said...

Most becoming, Karin. In this photo, you do bear a striking resemblence to my 6th grade teacher, Ms. d'Entrement, who became Mrs. Leeming when I was in 7th grade. My first great crush and disappointment, all within 12 months. Bait is set.