Thursday, March 12, 2009

The 7 last (random) words of a Wednesday

1) Last night it was 20 degrees too cold to be wearing a knee-length skirt with no pantyhose. Someone please tell my cats to remind me that next time I leave the house.

2) But it was a warm enough too, yesterday, that the buds have popped on the flowering trees of Commonwealth Avenue. Pretty soon they'll explode and bring my pollen allergy along with them. Spring cometh soon.

3) I bought a pair of custom-made orthotics for my running shoes yesterday. They were made by Bill Rodgers' personal orthotic maker. I think that qualifies me as "cool" for at least a few minutes. If they succeed in curing my arch and ankle issues....I will be "cool" forever!

4) Lenten Soup Supper soup at my church is always the best soup ever. The crusty white bread that goes with it is also the best bread ever.

5) Which, speaking of....so my church. Like it did in my match.com profile, it has a place in my OKC profile. Tonight a man wrote who was, like,
"Woah! What is this CHURCH thing?!"
(Mildly distressing that he is the dozenth adult male to ask this same question, including the implied sk8ter boi tone. So much for mature discussion of the issues.)

Digging down into his profile....my suitor claims to have grown up Catholic but is now "agnostic and quite serious about it." So he's hitting on the Christian chick? To convert her to non-Christianity? During Lent?

6) I didn't go to work yesterday expecting my direct co-worker to be laid off.

But when I came back from my noon-hour yoga, she had been. Later, another colleague said to me, "there is more to come....that's what I heard." This makes me a little less excited about Thursday at work.

7) Which means that's as good of an excuse as any to go to bed. Right now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Karin,

Good luck at work. As for the agnostic man, forgive him, for he knoweth not what he says.