Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Blogger's Bible: Subject Awareness

Three of the 4 men on my active dating radar are also, simultaneously, reading my blog about my active dating radar.

There are advantages to this.

1) Eliminates need for polite social conversation.

Excerpts from my recent instant messenger conversation with MWPWaSD....or, as we have now discussed, NTBTW (Not To Be Trifled With):

K: Good week-end?

NTBTW: i'll give it a solid B+.....i'd ask about yours but you've done me the favor of spelling it out for the world

K: Sigh. I know.

K: Know that I just give the people what they ask for.

NTBTW: you're a humble servant to the greater good of the populace

We then went on to have an involved conversation about why, exactly, he employed a "gangsta" tone of voice when chatting with me (calling me "grrrl", etc.) and what pop-culture era that word represented.

Now if we could just find him a name that doesn't take 20 seconds to say out loud.

2) Keeps other current dates on their toes.

This is either good or bad.

I met up with Audacious Man last night after all. He texted me just shy of 5 p.m. to say that he had moved back his West Coast Financing call and he wanted to keep our drinks date. So we met at Charley's Saloon on Newbury for a beer and intro....then over to Bukowski Tavern for more 8.5% beer and my first ever hamburger topped with peanut butter.

And some wicked conversation. As in wicked rapid-fire. As in wicked direct. As in I often hadn't finished my answer to a question before he had another. Audacious Man is as audacious in person as his name suggests. He kept me on my toes and I think I stayed on them -- as well as one can at 11 p.m. on a Tuesday night after 2 high-test malt beverages.

And, as I have the current luxury of being wooed by several men and the confidence that comes therefrom, our conversation fairly crackled. (I'll save the details of such for when I've had more sleep and less work to do.) He was also free with his compliments and provided me a taxi ride home.

I think Audacious Man is trying to play it cool that he has read my blog since first tracking it down a couple weeks ago. Although last night when I was explaining an interaction with the CFO on our last date, he said something akin to, "so that's what 2 hours of making out at your apartment was all about. "

So I have a tidbit of leverage, should I choose to employ it

No comments: