Friday, April 10, 2009

Late date (with legs)

It's late on Friday night and I'm still weary from Thursday night.

Going out with Audacious Man already requires great conversational energy.  Adding a walk from Mass Ave near M.I.T. to Lechmere after last call at The Asgard and then staying up with him for several more hours requires stamina.

Audacious Man is still a smart-ass with dark-rimmed glasses and a leather coat who asks probing questions without guile.  But he also displays gentleman qualities:  generous with compliments about my shoes and legs and the way my cowlick falls onto forehead.  Carried my backpack on the hike across East Cambridge.  Insistent to obsession about walking on the outside of the curb when we walked abreast.

For my part....unlike our first date, I decided not to talk about any other recent dates I've been on.  Or at least I decided to try not to.

Audacious Man also turned out to be a height to comfortably kiss without any neck wrenching.

So I give our evening a thumb and a half up....with the remaining half-thumb in neutral because fatigue won't let me lift it higher.  Four a.m. is later than I remember it being 10 years ago...

Date 3 is ostensibly on the horizon. Perhaps.  This is decent news.

Oh....and so I haven't yet told you about how the date began....at rehearsal for the upcoming musical I'm accompanying....with me accidentally trapped in the cage-like vestibule of the Green Street Studios after the cast and crew left and locked the gate post-rehearsal while I was still in the bathroom, how Audacious Man came over from the bar where we were to meet and chatted me up through the bars rather like a jailbird and lover, how the police were called because the studio owner could not be reached in a timely manner, after which a red ladder truck with sirens and lights pulled up and several brawny Cambridge firefighters rescued me by brandishing a crowbar to pry open the lock.

A longer story for later.

No comments: