Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Flashback (a.k.a.....sigh)

Last night was my first weeknight free in what felt like a long time.

I used it to visit the gym for my first ab exercises in 3 weeks, scope for and book airplane travel to Minnesota, answer a slab of back-logged e-mails, update the long-neglected match.com profile.

(I am paying for it, after all.)

Updating the online-dating profile always results in an avalanche of viewing activity ... and adding a new photo shoves you to the top of some queue. Sure enough, this morning, I've nearly 50 hits since 7 p.m. yesterday. An e-mail. A couple of (my favorite) winks.

In my history of online dating, I make it a habit not to go back to a person who a) did not respond to a previous inquiry I made; or b) responded with a "no thank you."

Yet one of last night's winks came from a gentleman already familiar to these parts from last summer: a man with an abiding interest in feet. As you will read, I found his inquiry not quite to my taste. You will also read that 6 weeks later he found this blog (most likely because I printed his match.com handle ... it was my early days of blogging and I now avoid doing this) and went on a relative tear in the comment section.

Curious. I did not express interest in him the first time he wrote and publicly said so. He was not pleased that I highlighted him in this space and publicly said so.

It is certainly his prerogative to write to whomever he finds interesting and he certainly doesn't seem like an uninteresting guy, himself.

But we have already walked this road together, not successfully. Why does he take up his time, and mine?

(Oy. Starting to get cynical again. Grrr.....)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Random Blog Reader said...

I went out with a guy for a couple of months about 2 years ago, and, after showing great interest in me, he "disappeared" after I told him some sad family news. Recently Match put me in his Daily 5, and he indicated he's interested. After such shoddy treatment? Not a chance of another date.