Thursday, April 9, 2009

Things I just feel like saying...

My brain is on an ADHD kick this morning.

I keep thinking that 1 coherent thought will pop out and assert itself as the topic sentence for a blog entry. But the work day ticks by (we're almost done with the morning!) and small distracting items pile up without resolution. The blog topic is one of them.

Therefore: some things to get off my mind and onto this page:

1) The car's muffler pipe rusted off this weekend. The mechanic already estimated a cost of $575 to fix that and some other rusty stuff down there almost about to fall off, too. Yesterday I had decided to skip the repairs, junk this particular auto, and see if I get enough tax refund to fund a new purchase.

But then I talked to Dad last night. He said:

"Do it. Would you rather have monthly car payments?"
So I'll probably do it.

2) As of this morning, I have misplaced my stack of W-2s. With my tax return only half done. This presents a challenge I haven't quite yet decided how to navigate.

3) I'm not at all upset that Single in the City assisted an ex-date in getting another date. I'm all about everybody being happy. In fact, The Artist sent me a text message yesterday thanking me for making him look good. That's cool.

3a) The Egoist is sustaining an e-mail conversation with me, regarding an assertion he made, the day after our Saturday date:

TE: "I make an effort to keep expectations low so I was expecting to have a miserable time with you and was pleasantly surprised."
Here is the essence of the back and forth, still in progress:

K: "I hope that in future outings you don't feel the need always to keep expectations low. Sometimes it's fun to come in on the high end."

TE: "If they are low you are more likely to be happy when good things happen. If you are expecting amazing things to happen, a moderately good occurance may end up being a disappointment."

K: "I have a fundamental issue with an outlook where one does not expect positive things to happen. It's not so much that one might be setting oneself up for disappointment. It just strikes me, on a level, as sad."

TE: "I am probably guilty of overanalyzation of my philosophy for the sake of discussion, but at least my motives are pure. When I put it as I did, I could easily fall victim to self-fulfilling prophecy when expecting things to turn out poorly. I am an optimist who enjoys the hell out of life, finds solutions to bad things etc. I guess I was trying to say to stay on an even keel and not to get too up or down. More than likely, I have no idea what I'm trying to say. Anyway, if one is truly using their mind to an optimum capacity expectations shouldn't even come into play. They are so focused and enraptured in every moment that thoughts of the past and future are non-existent."

K: "That seems more like the right idea. I'd run with it."
3b) Speaking of dating, Young Scientist popped out of the woodwork on Tuesday night as I browsed on OKC. Said hi. Wanted to talk about running and about who I'm dating.

Said he's single again.

3c) Speaking of even more dating, the 22-y-o "Cuddler" just now sent me a text message.

WTF?

3d) Speaking of, finally, the last bit of dating -- the only current non-virtual variety-- tonight I hope to meet Audacious Man for a beer in Central Square Cambridge after rehearsal.

We'll see how it goes when the hour is late and no peanut-butter burgers are involved.

4) Massage. Last night I had my first full-body version. Every muscle down to my pinky toe got a rubdown. I can't tell you how much better my legs feel, my feet feel, and how I feel.

5) Work is being crazy today. Market is up. It's tax time. Which is time to focus, eh?

Discussion on what it feels like to have so much man action and self-indulgent behavior during Holy Week.....to follow at later juncture.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Karin,

Yes, under the circumstances, replace the pipe. Dividing the cost of the repair by 36--the number of payments for a new vehicle--comes to about $16 per month for the pipe. Versus hundreds per month for a new vehicle.

Happy Tridiuum.