Thursday, November 6, 2008

Affirmation

My old-school Dorchester roommate, Tim, sent me this message on Facebook earlier today, regarding my standing on that particular social networking site:

"I am just writing in to let you know that you continually show up as one of my 'Hottest Single Friends' based on statistics in my 'Compare Your Friend' application. You are always in the top 5."
Maybe the lesson here is that I should be scanning Tim's friend list a little more closely.

Update, 2:32 p.m. So I was ruminating over lunch. My current Facebook profile picture, the main criteria in this case, is.....me holding the nephew.

So what does this say about my hotness?

My ability to look hot while simultaneously maternal? (See past entry on my supposed fertility.) Am I only hot because Henry is looking sly and fingering an imaginary cravat? Does it appear I am exploiting my nephew's image for my personal hot quotient, kind of like any man who walks a cute dog through a park?

Perhaps I should see how the match.com o'sphere reacts to the same.....

Endless possibilities.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooh, be careful, though--must be sure to make it clear the kid is not yours or the message to many single men will be "Run away! Run away!"

Unknown said...

Karin,
I know few people with dogs. If your nephew ever comes to the city, could we take turns walking him in the common? Maybe we can both get a date? Scratch that. I don't want any south end soccer moms accosting me about play dates. In the dialect of Boston, which my aunt says is the 'kings english.' Ya frikkin wicked stunnin. Hope you are well. Much love.

~Timbos

singinflute said...

Hmmm I agree with Brandi...be careful! Anytime I see I guy with a child in a pic I instantly clamp up thinking the child is his or that he really wants them...NOW.