Friday, November 14, 2008

Hotness update

Last week, one of my guy friends told me that I was scoring well among his Facebook acquaintances on the "Compare Your Friends" application. As you recall, I wrote about it in this space. Then I wrote him to tell him so, and he replied thusly:

"Well in my somewhat successful manner of wanting people to hear my voice I was reading over the phone last night to my friend ...your blog. She calls you out as Carrie Bradshaw, but more brilliant. Here's to hoping you get your Mr. Big."
(Full disclosure: I took a Facebook quiz 6 months ago titled "What Sex and the City Character are You? Questions like: what stereotypical guy would you fall for? ever cheated on anyone? the best sex involves....? You'll never guess who I was....

"Carrie: You're quirky, witty, and every guy's perfect first date."
)

Nonetheless, here's today's update from him, my current most-generous cheerleader--my former roommate in Dorchester who once let me cry on his shoulder, literally, when I was heartbroken--Tim:

"Hottest single friends update: This week you were voted "Hottest" 10 out of 11 times. Keep up the good work. Friends are lusting."
In case you were wondering, it is still the same photo of Henry and me doing all the work here.

Meanwhile, in case you also wondered if I plan to capitalize on Tim's psychological largesse, I have not offered him a commission for promoting both my writing and my social life. I have gone so far as to ask why we don't hang out more. Does that count as initiative?

No comments: