Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Milestones and movings on

Got so caught up in all the election hoopla last week that two significant dates skipped my attention:

1) 11/4/08: The half-birthday of this esteemed blog....

....birthed into consciousness on a Sunday afternoon by the match.com attentions of a 73-year old gardener from New Hampshire. (I also got 9 reader comments to that post....a record....)

Here's the link for those of you who want to begin at the beginning of this yet-fruitless quest for what seems the impossible:
Sanity +
Boyfriend +

10 lbs of
Weightloss +
Car with Fully Inflated Tires At All Times +
Understanding of Why the Members of the Male Gender (in General) have a Difficult Time Being as Straightforward as They Should. (Except
for Bush Republicans, who seem to err in the opposite direction.)
Onward and....well, onward.

2) 10/31/08: The elapsing of the match.com membership

....and I didn't even realize it until a couple days ago, when their marketing department began harassing me with e-mails about my magic someone, evidently waiting for me behind their magic locked door of profiles....

Cynical much, you might say?

Not really. Just not my vogue at the moment. Trying to figure out what IS my vogue.

Working on it today, actually....in part by wearing my black cocktail dress and knee boots to work, going for a short haircut over lunch, and making a second attempt at Opus Affair: a networking group, found on Facebook, featuring monthly get-togethers of "cocktails for young professionals interested in the Fine Arts in Boston." This would be the opera singers, mostly, but also some theaterites and semi-pro instrumentalists.

It so happens that 10 or so folks I already know also subscribe to the series. But last month, you may remember, none of them made it to the cocktail hour, thus producing my abortive, solo attempt at socializing in a group of strangers, even after gulping down a pretty decent cosmopolitan. Which in turn led to an early exit, long discussion with friend M, and the realization that I was Done with the CFO.

Oy vay...happy memories.

Tonight the group gathers at Eastern Standard in Kenmore Square. Any brassierie that caters to the Fenway Park crowd while featuring oysters and red leather banquettes is alright with me. And a couple of acquaintances have promised to be present this time, as to leave me a tad less stranded.

Here's a picture of the new haircut.

And black leather boots, give me courage!

2 comments:

singinflute said...

I need to see the back! I can't tell how it's styled back there.

Karin said...

Two comments, ms. singinflute:

1) If you had come out with me, you would have seen it in person!

2) Don't I get props for actually centering myself in the shot. And taken with my phone, no less...

Hope today is happier.