Sunday, November 16, 2008

It's awful to say, but...

....I have a question for the fellow unattached folk of this readership.

When an acquaintance who you never imagined dating anyone starts dating someone, are you consumed with incredulity and self-doubt?

Even if you wish no ill-will on this acquaintance and don't covet the someone?

Do you think: "Is it possible this acquaintance can find someone to be with and I cannot?"

Excuse me whilst I retire to the mirror for my daily "I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggone-it, people like me!"

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hear you. Inside, I feel it at those times. I judge, I am jealous. But, then, I also try to remind myself that I in no way want either of those two people for my own...

Then, as if on cue the Supremes start the soundtrack in my head, "You can't hurry love..." Which is my cue to bear down and search for distraction and just choose to ignore how luck and chance play into this terrible waiting game. It will eat me alive if I let it.

singinflute said...

Oh yeah...all time! I always feel horrible as I think that way but I admit it...I've thought it. I agree with cousin j. Often times I have no interest in either of the people in that situation so you just have to think...mine just hasn't come yet.

Tashia said...

phew. good to know I'm not the only one who has that dialogue in my head. :)