Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Facebook REALLY wants me to....

....do, well, any number of things.

The display ads on the side of this website rotate with every click, so there are lots of opportunities to (and the links are live, folks):

a) cleanse my colon,
b) try Acai Berry Body Cleanse and lose 45 pounds,
c) attend the University of Phoenix,
c) participate in asthma research studies and
d) become a real estate millionaire.
That's really generous of you, Facebook!

But most ads are for dating websites.

"How many could there possibly be?" you certainly ask. I can certainly answer. Yesterday I barrage-clicked my Facebook profile for a representative selection:

Dating for Thirty Plus.....JDate.com....VIP Singles....Professional VIP Singles... Quality Professional Singles....Christian Men.....Interracial Dating.....Black Singles....Running Singles.....Elite Singles......Elite Mature Singles......Big and Beautiful Singles....
My favorite, though, is Catch Him & Keep Him, which promises that....

.... You’re About To Learn The Secrets Most Women Will Never Know Of Creating Attraction So Intense That Even The Most ‘Commitment-Phobic’ Man Will Suddenly Crave All Your Time And Attention... Here’s How To Use The Power Of Attraction With A Man To Avoid Ever Having To Fall For A Great Guy - Then Have Him Give You Some Excuse Like “I’m Not Ready” Once You’re Already Close & Physical.....
Well what a relief! I thought I was never going to figure that part out.

1 comment:

Runner Girl said...

My Facebook ads keep trying to sell my wedding photography packages. I hate that they "know" that I'm getting married. Darn you amazon for creating "personalization" technology!