Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Trying to get uncranky

Too bad I had such a good weekend. Truly. No dates but four outings with four separate social groups. As the memory of most of them have been blocked out by a so-far sub-par week involving truckloads of s#%! that you've already read about.

(Oh my. I sincerely wasn't going for a pun on my gut-rot. Hell. Let's leave it in.)

However, another shout-out to my friend A, dependable as always, and her recommendation of the Banana, Rice, Applesauce & Toast diet. She sent the idea last night at 5:15 p.m. and by 6:45 I was at the grocery store, unpeeling and eating the fruit as I walked out. As Wikipedia so kindly puts it:

"The BRAT diet consists of foods that are relatively bland, easy to digest, and low in fiber. Low-fiber foods are recommended because foods high in fiber may cause gas, possibly worsening the gastrointestinal upset."
Whether my bug has run its course or A is just wicked smart, nonetheless. Today is definitely a better day.

This also could be because the Dow was actually up for about four hours and I had only one crying client on the phone as opposed to four. Or that I met some nice Southie folks at a Southie for Obama Debate-Watching Party last night (and that Obama did OK). Or that after a week of bloated hiatus I went to yoga at lunch. And tonight I get to lead a church choir rehearsal and play piano for a couple hours.

There's still the matter of that perpetual flat front tire ..... grrrrr ..... tomorrow, I guess.

No comments: