Sunday, October 26, 2008

Distracted, Part III

So the good news is I've rarely touched my computer this weekend.

What this means is:

a) I have a life.

b) I spent the majority of the weekend NOT writing the CFO. Or even thinking about writing him. Mostly because I was distracted by, I don't know, actual life that didn't include him.

Today at 4:30 p.m. I was in the balcony of my church, singing a Bach cantata with the choir and orchestra in celebration of the Lutheran Reformation. Then I listened to a whole ton of Bach, Buxtehude and Pachelbel on the organ. Then went out for Thai food with all the musicians to hash out the music we just heard. I had to actually fight to remember that the CFO was pissing me off.

Am I right that we all do that from time to time.....that it's fun on some level to be upset and indignant...and so rather than letting it go when you stop thinking about, you force yourself to think about it so you can feel upset and indignant once again? Someone tell me if I'm wrong here.

It's very late on a Sunday. I just spent 5 hours drinking wine with a Hungarian, Belgian and Pole--all organists--and have nothing to show for it. But it was time not being in a bad mood.

So.....PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFTTTTTTTTTTT!

No comments: