Friday, October 17, 2008

Full disclosure

Alright.

So two days into the new self-betterment plan, and

a) I ate a half a bag of chocolate-chip-peanut trail mix last night instead of supper; and

b) running? what running? (aka "why do my knees ache like I walked around with weights on them all day yesterday?)

Nonetheless, I'm joining friends from church tomorrow in the wee hours (5:30!) to head up to the White Mountains of New Hampshire for a hike through some presidential-range peaks. Growing up in North Dakota where the winter snow and wind starts in October, it would be rare to do anything but go pheasant hunting in such weather. So now in Boston, I'm glad for the excuse to go north and see some color, and for the friends that know how to get there and take me along.

Got the sign-off this afternoon from my mechanic that the funny-noised car (low power-steering fluid) is in good shape, so wish the Mazda 626 plenty of good vibes for the drive and I'll talk to you again Sunday.

1 comment:

Jen said...

Good luck on the self-betterment plan! Hey, I lost a ton of weight on Weight Watchers (50# feels like a ton to me), but my dinner tonight is nachos and a cosmo. Ehhh.

You were right to ditch the Match dude. Don't settle.