Thursday, October 2, 2008

Shout-out for the marrieds

It's late, but a quick shout-out tonight to my friends C & A....and those aren't just anonymous pseudo-letters. We're good enough friends that we sign all our e-mails in initials only.

Tonight's a good night to bring them up...it is C's 33rd birthday....and this is the 99th post on this blog. (C-cubed?) A is his wife of 9 years. And I just returned full from wine and dessert at their apartment in JP. See, they're the kind of friends who elect to spend a quiet evening at home and then invite you over to share in A's homemade apple pie.

As a single 30-something, it is a great relief to have married friends who I like to be with. You know, when you can hang with either the husband or the wife or both, and it's cool. C & A have been friends to me in so many ways over our six years of acquaintance that I'd probably need a separate entry to have room to elaborate fully on each of those ways. But in short:

Dating counselors. Spiritual counselors. Running buddies. Walking buddies. Fellow altos. Fellow rabid proofreaders. Fellow lovers of Dietrich Buxtehude. Creative cooks. Creative bakers. Shorer-uppers in bad times. Always up for a celebration in good. Welcoming, always, everywhere. No bottom to the well of generosity.

Since I know they read this I'll embarrass them no more. But happy birthday, happy anniversary (in 2 weeks), and happy new baby (in 5 weeks) C & A (and B) in JP.

1 comment:

Tashia said...

As a fellow single, I echo your appreciation for the "marrieds" who are comfortable and happy to hang out with singles. Glad you have some in your life Karin (and sorry I missed you this past weekend!).