Thursday, October 9, 2008

Happy thoughts.....

1) Handel composed The Messiah. Apple created the iPod so I could listen to "Let Them Break Their Bonds Asunder" while sitting in an office tower

2) Bach composed Goldberg Variations. God, with props to my mom, gave me the ability to play them. First Lutheran Church of Boston years ago bought a Steinway grand piano, which gives me a place to play them whenever I feel like it.


3) Jim Henson created The Muppets, including Beaker, the dangerous lab assistant. My cousin Melanie found this video of him singing Beethoven's "Ode to Joy" with himself and, eventually, blowing himself up.

4) Humans created the New York Stock Exchange....which ultimately provides me with an income....and which, for about 30 minutes has trended upward ever-so-slightly. Continue to buy, folks. Continue to buy. Thank you.

5) Water tastes good. It is also free.

Happy thoughts? The comment section is open, folks. Add your own....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

For fun! I haven't seen Beaker in years! My other personal favorite is the chef, who I tried to imitate while eating at Cord food service once and sent my carrots flying onto the tray of a passing "elite cord" girl!

Also, the girls and I are heading to Cord this weekend for Homecoming and my 20yr (eek!) class reunion. I haven't been to campus since 1995, so I am looking forward to seeing the old and new.

Have a great weekend!

singinflute said...

I just watched the Beeker clip. Hilarious! :)