Thursday, October 16, 2008

So here is the entry where I start sounding like a middle-aged woman...

I wrote on Tuesday that this is the week I'm done with the sometime-attentions of the CFO. To top it, life has been subsumed with the details of helping with Obama campaign data entry, church music, and a car making a funny noise. So I haven't yet re-jiggered my match.com profile or left any nights open in the next 2 weeks for dating quests of any sort, even if any were in the works.

Meanwhile, I've gone back to that thing where can I consume a whole box of Kashi GoLean in a sitting and 2 oversized (2!) Milka candy bars in one afternoon. Blech. For me to leave the sole focus of this blog as "dating" is inappropriate for the moment. Not only do I not feel like dating this week (resentment at my erstwhile suitor), but that much sugar in the system has contributed to both fatigue and weight gain that doesn't do much for my self-confidence.

So yesterday, instead, I signed up for:

1) Weight Watchers. (Amen!)

2) The 2009 Boston Marathon, again agreeing to raise money for Children's Hospital Boston. Training will start in December. (Running 30 miles a week and sub-zero long runs every Saturday morning...double Amen!)

So certainly dieting and running is not nearly as sexy as banter with random Craigslist dudes who may or may not be married. But I've found in the past that when my physical well-being is at its peak, so is the libido.....and the happiness of self that is more attractive than anything.

As for the accountibility that came with agreeing to blog about my love life, so I hope I will have the same accountibility to better myself on a couple other levels. Not the daily ups and downs but I will definitely tell if I get off track.

Game on!

No comments: