Monday, October 20, 2008

Martha A......89 and still cool

Who is this woman in purple named Martha?


1) A Damn Fine Cook.
( 1a) A Damn Fine Baker of Scandinavian holiday treats.

2) A Child of The Depression.
(2a) Who in turn became a First-Class Seamstress and made all of her daughters' growing-up clothes.

3) A Cross-Country Skier....
(3a) Second only to her skills at Card-Playing.

4) A Church Secretary....who survived the transition from mimeograph to computer and is now the Queen of her PC.

5) A Nylon-shell-wearing Traveler who has seen Greece, Australia, China, France, Norway, Russia, Alaska, Hawaii, and most of the other 48 United States. (Famous approximated quote from 1980's walk down a street in China: "We were packed in so tight that if I had tripped and fallen the crowd would have held me right up!")

6) The World's-Best Photo-Album Compiler.

7) A Snappy Dresser who always has the best tan, the smoothest complexion, and is never in public without earrings and lipstick.

8) A Socialite from Edina, Minnesota, celebrating her 89th birthday today.

9) My Grandma Anderson, whom I love.

It is indeed a fine day!

Update (10/21) from the woman herself, via e-mail this morning:

"Hi Sweetie! Wow! I am truly amazed. Thank you so much. I am so thankful that my health is still so good and it is fun to see how you see me. Quite flattering. Love, Grandma"

Please feel free to add to the comment section below if you, too, have great Martha memories and wishes. Thanks.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happiest of B-days to your dear grandma! PS I love that you and Kristin had to "take a knee" at Missy's wedding! :)

Tashia said...

Happy Birthday Martha!