Thursday, September 18, 2008

Let's try this again....(Wednesday version)

Wednesday....yet another volatile day in the stock market. Ergo, a volatile day in the office where I work. Turned out it was a volatile day, also, in trying to either go or not go on the date with the CFO.

8:30 a.m. Day begins. We were on for oysters and baseball at Davios later that night.

11 a.m.: He texts, something had come up; could I do Thursday instead?

12 p.m.: I reply to the text. "Could do Thursday." (But really thinking....pre-emption? For what? We haven't gone out for three weeks. Slightly seething, hit the gym on my noon hour and pounded it out on the yoga mat. Indignation is effective fuel for low push-ups.)

2 p.m.: He e-mails. "Other plans fell through. Want to move it back to tonight? ....feel I'm on the same roller coaster as the stock market." (As if my thoughts during yoga had transcended and replanted in his psyche. That would be awesome.)

3 p.m.: I e-mail. "Yes. You're pulling me along with you on a roller coaster right now....you let me know which night works better."

4:58 p.m.: I e-mail again, having felt slightly catty. "Sorry for being a bit edgy. It's been an edgy day here and it must have rubbed off on my attitude. Tonight would be better...."

5:10 p.m.: He e-mails, replying to first e-mail. "Tomorrow better, exhausted from long day."

5:12 p.m.: He e-mails, to second e-mail. "No worries about the edgy-ness, I'm the one who's fouling up the plans and for that mea culpa. I hope you're okay w/ tomorrow night ....

So after all that, we're still trying to figure what to do tonight; he wrote about noon asking for my opinion on where we go. I said it just needed to be a warm place that serves drinks. Preferably Grey-Goose Cosmopolitans.

No comments: