Thursday, September 25, 2008

Bleary-eyed

Hi from Minnesota, banging away at my sister's laptop while she, her husband and son have been sleeping the last 2 hours. They're the ones with the new baby and they went to bed at 9 p.m.

I'm the one with no excuse and, it seems, no desire to sleep.

These last days have been dangerous ones for my health.

Excessive web-surfing late into the night to read (and be enraged by) political maneuvering that simultaneously jeopardizes my finance job and secures my belief that the McCain campaign has lost both its scruples and its marbles.

Excessive eating of everything and anything at 2:30 a.m.....including half a box of Kashi Blueberry Flakes, another bag of Reeses Pieces, and teaspoons of butter doused in cinnamon-sugar.

Headache of concern that the CFO hasn't replied to my request for dating advice. (Unless he's so busy searching for my profile he hasn't yet had the time.)

Excessive lack of sleep, which just exacerbates all of the above.

I'm frustrated that I can't get settled in to this long (and relaxing?) family weekend where none of the above should be bothering me.

Think I'll go take an Advil. And get off the on-line.

No comments: