Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Deep Thought: Go on a Date

The Young Scientist and I used to IM frequently, yet haven't done much since May, caught up in our respective dating lives and other lives.

Our gap wasn't due to anger or repellence, and we had had good chats, so I knew we'd reconnect eventually. Thus, not a surprise to log onto g-mail yesterday to find:
Young Scientist: hmm no dating news in your blog since the disaster date?

Karin:
I'm not that swift on the turnaround...

K:
I have to revamp and recoup...

YS:
the readers demand a sacrifice

K: Such as? (example?)

YS:
well not a literal sacrifice

YS:
but perhaps you'll have to take one for the team and go on a date
Good point.

I know that one can only take so many stories of post-grad sex chats and old cars (with, BTW, a set of $300 ball-joint repairs my mechanic strongly recommended just this morning) and photos of either a) Henry or b) my toenails.

Young Scientist and I chatted for awhile. We reviewed my months-long experience with Saturday Date Meltdown man, concluding that in this fallout, what I really want rather than a Casual Boyfriend is a Boyfriend Boyfriend.

Meanwhile, YS just ended a relationship and is in the mood to casually date.

Acknowledging that in 7 months we have never made it onto the same dating page at the same time .... we could agree on the refreshment of fresh starts, and that we each should go forth boldly.

OKC may err on the slimy side. But it has, without peer, provided me with copious dating opportunities. I haven't updated my profile from the strong-hands "I'm a cynic" theme since mid-June. And if I want to go for a Boyfriend Boyfriend, I need to say that and stop being so coy.

So that's next on the agenda. The profile rewrite. When I re-do it (this weekend, perhaps?), you'll know about it.

Hint: you're allowed to hold me to this.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

@Karin. Thanks, and good hunting.