Monday, September 28, 2009

Hmmmm. (It's a Monday)

My energy level must be symbiotically connected to some database at OKCupid! that determines my profile rotation.

Because just when I think I have absolutely nothing to write about .... a sampling ....

Message #1
"I have strong hands for a non-toughguy. I'm only mediocre at the piano (I'm better at other instruments) but I want to play like Billy Preston more than anything in the world. Can you teach me?"
He's thirty-something and "seeing someone."

By his estimation, he's really good at "bumping my head, stubbing my toes, banging my shins into coffee tables, harmonizing, MacGyvering things, wilderness navigation, board games."

Hmmmm.

His self-summary?: 01101000 01101001 00100000 01110011 01101001 01110011 00100000 01100011 01100101 01110010 01100101 01110110 01101001 01110011 01101001 01100001 01101101.

He's also dark and attractive and evidently is up at 2:03 a.m. thinking about hiring a piano instructor.

I can't lie; I could use the extra cash.

Message #2

From a late-20s female, also in a relationship:
"Please understand that there aren't many avenues to search for such an adventure, thus, I'm writing you on here. If you're not interested, no worries, and I wish you the best.

"What I'm looking for is a girl to possibly wrestle/grapple with. I know it sounds funny, but my guy loves it and I'm trying to learn by practicing with someone my size (or at least a little closer in size). And by no means am I an expert, we can learn and try techniques together, this will be new for me as well. It's not a sexual request and we can just wear shorts, athletic tops, etc."
Hmmm. Her pictures show a beauty queen body, face hidden, who looks fit enough to lift cattle. Intriguing to contemplate as a cross-training activity, perhaps supplementing physical therapy. I also admire her chutzpah in just throwing it out there.

Although amazingly enough, not my first request to wrestle ....

Message #3

"Girl di North Dakota? Works for me!"
What a relief, because anyone writing is going to have to face the fact that I come from there.

In a rare feat, I seem to have attracted the only man in the Northeast (albeit about 3 hours away in Connecticut) who is on OKC and interested in more than casual sex. More bluntly, his profile states,

"I'm looking for that special woman -- "The One".
In fact,

"You should message me if: you're 'the one', a good candidate or curious."
Wonder what one's criteria for being "the one" is. He's a tall, curly-headed businessman who likes to golf. I'm a short, curly-haired businesswoman who likes to golf.

Maybe that's it.

Hmmm.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

@Karin. A golfing date would be great. If all else were to fail, at least you would sneak in a round. Cool

Karin said...

Yes, true. And if all did _not_ fail, maybe I'd have a winter golf vacation to warm climes in my future! Sounds like a positive all round...