Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Quarter-end wish list

At lunch-hour yoga today, I was a bad yoga girl. I did not focus on my ujaii breathing or otherwise visualize my inhales washing my muscles with a warm, golden light.

Instead I composed, in my head, a list of pure brain candy.... my favorite things, if you will .... thinking perhaps when I find myself feeling that same goodness about a man, I can handcuff us together and book a reception hall. I'll be that certain.

In other words, if you are a man and wish to date me, it would be helpful to inspire feelings equating to:

-- the taste of the first Reese's Piece out of a jumbo bag

-- the way the hip relaxes and settles during a half-pigeon

-- the passion of Brahms Intermezzo in B minor (op. 119, no. 1) between 1:02 and 2:15 of this
recording

-- the relief when an airplane's wheels touch runway, the brakes engage, and you can confirm you will not, on this trip anyway, be a crash statistic

-- that tenth-of-a-mile between 2 and 2.1 of 12 -- when pace, rhythm and energy meet and running is fun

-- the end of a date, maybe the first or second, when you decide it's worth it to reach in for a hug and the other person presses also reaches back, then presses back, and then holds on

There must be others. Stay tuned.

No comments: