Saturday, January 3, 2009

New Year's hangover

1) The mouse?

Still dead. Pretty fat. I did have to touch it, but it's now out with the trash. I'm glad to have had a pair of latex gloves on the premises.

Reported its appearance to my landlord, who agreed to provide traps and fill up a hole in my storage room drywall that he cut this summer for plumbing issues. We theorized together about what made a perfectly well-fed mouse keel over next to a stray sock in my laundry tub. His suggestion wins, I think: mouse scurried about, fell in, had no way to climb up the slick metal, no way to get to food. Going forward, we agreed I'd keep the lid down, very much like one should a toilet seat with dogs....

2) The glasses?

Super glue attempt #1 snapped in half this afternoon when I unthinkingly pulled a t-shirt over my head. (After years of abusing these frames...being careful is not as easy as you think.)

About an hour and 5 additional layers of glue later, I'm a little high from the fumes about my nose, but think they will hold me until Monday when I head back to LensCrafters for a replacement pair. Nothing like draining the healthcare flexible spending account for the year on January 5.

3) The wallet?

Recovered from the MBTA bus barn at 10:30 last night, looking as if it hadn't been touched. Hooray for kind Southie lost-finders.

No comments: