Monday, January 12, 2009

The Bikini Challenge (Week I: The Suit)

The Suit: At left. Ordered online today from Victoria's Secret. (I'm not shirking to delay having it on the premises....but you just cannot buy a bikini in Boston in January.)

So my torso is about 1/3 the length of this model's. So is my hair. And she's about 1/3 my age. When it comes time to take the photo of me, don't judge.

I will, however, work on my sassy head tilt hip thrust thingy....

The Sit-ups: 515+ abdominal exercises over 6 days....it can be, and was, done this week. The joke about adding 100 crunches a day turned out to be not as difficult as first thought. I'll shoot for 600 by next Sunday.

Also benefitting from a sadistic yoga teacher who is in love with Full Boat Pose. And a visiting coach during marathon team training who, prior to sending us on a 10-mile run, said in a tone that wasn't to be messed with: "Get into Plank Pose and hold for 2 minutes." OK. Ouch.

The Sugar: The good news--not even the scent of anything chocolate has gone down since the moratorium began January 1. The bad--had a craving so acute Saturday night that I invaded my cinnamon sugar stash with a teaspoon.

Diet is going to be the Achilles' heel. I like beer. I like wine. I like Sweet Tarts. I like to eat late at night....preferably spoonfuls of peanut butter from the jar. My willpower against these habits is notoriously unsteady.

So this week: need to brainstorm strategies to give my willpower improved core strength. (Ha.)

The Shoot: March 22. My 36th birthday. Why not a milestone for a milestone?

We're at T-minus 69 days. (And 6900 sit-ups.) Game on!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The hundred situps a day and boat pose scare me. Perhaps I should rethink embarking on this bikini thing... I did do my (beginners) yoga tape at least. But I don't know if I have sufficient willpower to make these baby-stretched abs do boat pose. I'm impressed that you can do it!
Baby's sick and hasn't woken up yet - maybe it's time to try some situps (since when she's awake, all she wants to do is sit on my stomach if I try - because Daddy, the show off, can do his ab exercises while she sits on him).