Wednesday, January 21, 2009

The Bikini Challenge (Week II: Reinforcement!)

It's a good thing this package from Victoria's Secret awaited my return from Washington D.C. this evening.

In the past 5 days I spent 18 hours in my car accompanied by National Public Radio's full line-up....plus a pounder bag of Necco Conversation Hearts, Mountain Dew, trail mix both with honey roasted peanuts and without, and dried fruit with extra-added sugar. For starters. (Distance driving is one of my great eating hazards....which is why I only do it a couple times a year.)

Despite this--and despite the 12 glasses of red wine and the shot of Hot Damn otherwise consumed while "Inaugurating"--the weekend was not without hope. (How could it not be?!) I figure Cousin J and I burned a minimum of 1200 calories walking faster than anyone else in search of our security gate just prior to the swearing-in Tuesday morning. And burned 1000 more shaking booty on the dance floor Tuesday night. And otherwise managed 1 run, four 5-mile bike rides to and from the Capitol, 100-plus ab exercises, and at least 384 calf raises (while trying to maintain a view of the Mall Jumbotrons).

I'm grateful just to have stayed at par on such a week. In the meantime, the suit is hung and ready for daily viewing.

No comments: