Friday, June 6, 2008

More promising, perhaps....

Ah, Friday.

Last day in the office before a long stretch in Minnesota visiting the family. Skin still grimy from yesterday's Google search on foot fetishes. Two-day fog and chill outside doesn't want to lift.

But more promising, as you know, is that tonight is Date #2: Stand-Up Comedian (S-UC) and me, a bunch of beer, Red Sky in Faneuil Hall, and a Friday in desperate need of happy hour in a town that technically forbids them.

True, the temperature is predicted to skyrocket (90s?) in time for the road race and beer-drinking fest I'm undertaking tomorrow at 10 a.m. with a group of friends. S-UC is aware of this event, but if his profile photos are accurate he does have BMI advantage.....so the challenge will be to resist the temptation to go drink-for-drink.

Looking forward to tonight with triple the anticipation of Date #1. Probably because S-UC and I have spoken on the phone and I can tell you this man has no issues with gregariousness. If nothing else sparks, we will at least verbally entertain each other for a couple hours.

Another upbeat bit of news: conversation with some spark has begun with a someone I'll simply call Long-Distance Man. Which is because he lives 100 miles out of Boston. Last week he twice gave me the dreaded match.com wink (so lame to not at least put two words together); the combination of Hartford, CT and the method didn't impress. However, he then returned via e-mail to ask me if I really was from North Dakota. And said some other nice things. That combination, plus the persistance, precipitated my reply.

Three days later and he's still saying nice things in a relatively interesting way. I'm trying to keep up.

And not worry, yet, about Hartford.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You gotta watch out for those boys from Hartford...they are nothing but trouble! I know this since my boyfriend is from Hartford. :)Don't give the guy too much grief. Hartford's not all bad.