Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Bikini Challenge BV: Encore Begins

It's that time again.

Time for a self-improvement exercise, that old chestnut of a pick-me-up.

There's a young man from Brooklyn, an interesting political consultant sort, with whom I infrequently chat. When we do, we quite often talk about The Bikini Shot.  I sent it to him long ago.  Didn't realize he would be quite so obsessed with toned abdominal muscles on women and use gratuitous (and in my current state, wickedly inaccurate) adjectives to fawn what he imagines mine look like.   The times we've discussed possibly meeting, my thoughts are dominated not about how much fun that would be ... but rather, that I'd have to work out with Jillian Michaels videos for 2 weeks before so as to not embarrass myself.

Well, I'll say right now I'm not doing this for the young man.

But I am going to lose 15 pounds by Monday, June 21 ... before I get on a plane to Budapest for a 2-week vacation.

I haven't figured out exactly how yet.  Although I have figured out that Weight Watchers will be involved. Maybe Jillian Michaels, too.  Possibly my faded, still-valid swim passes to the Chinatown YMCA.  Yoga. A 10K, or 2.  Spray-tanner.  Most definitely some more hours of sleep than I've been getting the last 2 weeks. And hopefully less hip flesh. And much less peanut butter straight from the jar than I've been slurping down daily the last 2 months.

So, here's my weight as of today:  CXXXVI.

The weight I will be:  CXXI.

Here's the suit in question.

In which I will be photographed on the banks of the Charles River in sun or in rain on Sunday, June 20.

And here, imagine if you will, the electronic tear-stains from thoughts of foregoing peanut butter for 6 weeks.

Budapest Version of the Bikini Challenge, begin!


(Plan details, as they say in my line of work, TBD. But definite. Soon.)

2 comments:

veggiegal said...

Wow - that's a really aggressive goal! 15 lbs in 7 weeks! That's more than 2 lbs per week! I'd love to know how you did it if you succeed... I needed to lose 15-20 lbs, and even when I cut my calories to 1200 (min) / points to 18 (ww min), and exercised 4-5 times a week (1 hour or so - not long runs like you), I could only lose 1-1.5 lbs per week at MOST. I ended up having my metabolic rate measured at my gym, which explained to me why that is... It was really all that my body could sustain healthfully - about 1 lbs in food per week, plus whatever I managed in exercise. Anyhow - GOOD LUCK to you - I know that struggle well!! And I am sure your vacation will be fabulous regardless of how much weight you lose by then :)

Karin said...

@veggiegal. Thanks. I figured I needed to make the goal drastic. It certainly has already inspired me in my food choices the last 3 days. We'll see...