Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Dateline: view from the office 6/24/09

It has looked like this since last Thursday morning.

Ridiculous.

I want to plug-in a hairdryer and blow it over the Atlantic before it seeps any further into a brain already cloudy from insomnia.

At least I'm not alone. A random sample of Facebook friend-status updates from this morning:

" ... rain, rain go away."

".... is tired of the rain."

".... if it doesn't stop raining very soon is going to find a cliff with a gorgeous, green view...and jump from it."

"June is almost over and I still haven't installed the a/c units yet."

"... really need the sun to come back. I don't know how much more of this rain I can take ..."

Hmmm.

I suppose I could work on happy thoughts.

Like some about my Grandpa .... who died on this day, a very early Saturday morning in 2000 ... and who also gave such frequent and vigorous hugs, complete with backslapping, that one felt like they were having a lung squeezed out.

Those were some good hugs.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yep, grandfather hugs rank highly on the hug scale. Finite in number, but well-remembered.

amcott. said...

That picture looks as if it's straight out of a Ken Burns' documentary!

I like the hairdryer idea--work on that, will you?

cousin j said...

i was in boston when he died.