Thursday, August 14, 2008

Date #3b: At long last, the CFO....again

I was reminded today that while it might be more fun to talk about hot men ogling my legs on Boylston Street, I owe y'all at least a cursory summary of my CFO date from last Wednesday.

You know, it went well, and no reason for the delay. In fact, I heard from the CFO late yesterday afternoon .....we almost made impromptu plans for last evening, had I not already planned dinner with some girlfriends. (Which, by the way folks, get over to Picco on Tremont Street for the eggplant/mushroom/ricotta pizza. Do.)

We are "pencilling something in" for the weekend.

To give you some sense of the situation: in an e-mail last weekend, he addressed me as "Sweetness." I replied that I was honored to be held in that esteem, along with Chicago Bears great Walter Payton. Yesterday, he began his message:

"Sweetness .. yes! You and Walter (nice company to be in, if you ask me!) Why wouldn't I think sweetness when I think of you? We've had two delightful dates now, both of which have ended with me smiling! You too, I hope!!!"

That's some serious exclamation-point action. He doesn't talk that way....I swear.

But it was a good time last Wednesday. A commonality we share is a love of working out.....so we met at 8:30, both coming straight from the gym. This left us with appetite for fajitas and sangria at a Mexican joint just down from my apartment, as well as for stories from the 3 weeks since we met at River Gods. All followed by another "satisfactory goodnight kiss."

Sorry to keep bringing up the liplocks, but they highlight another topic we plumbed verbally: my writing about him on this blog. He is all for it. (And approves of "CFO"; to his friends who know we have gone out, I'm known as "Southie.") We discussed how I characterized our first date in writing, particularly the (ahem) lengthy way we ended up saying goodbye.

Shall I say, if we continue to date, "satisfactory goodnight kiss" will become code for a great many things best left unsaid. Enough said.

The CFO is so far a gentleman who has been to town and back.....divorced, several long-term relationships, and a number of other women he's found interesting along the way. He's infused with joie de vivre.......flirting with the 69-year-old female owners of Ferraris until they give him a ride (a much longer story from the trip to California), rock climbing with his sons, effusively complimenting this much younger woman way more than he needs to.

We're aware of the 20 years of difference, and that I'm looking for a relationship and children and that he has no desire for either or more. But for the moment we hang out well and don't necessarily want to stop. We have strong chemistry. We've already shared piles of dirty laundry. We made a pact to always be frank....and because of the frankly casual nature of the experience thus far, it's been easier to be frank because there feels to be less at stake.

And did I mention that he strongly resembles Sean Connery?

Eat that, Matt Damon look-alike leg-ogler...! And my mother should be so proud.

1 comment:

singinflute said...

Thanks for the update on the date. I was curious for a little more info. I love Picco! I used to go there a lot with Remo last summer. It's great sitting outside. My favorite is their bbq pulled pork panini. Sooo yummy! :)